Saturday 1 November 2008

The One That Doesn't Ask For Much, But Does Ask For This. . .

A collection of complete heroes, earlier today.


I blogged a little while ago about the High Court victory for the Gurkhas. As we know a court victory doesn't actually mean anything when it is against the government, they will delay, dissemble and generally ignore what they are told. People like Tom Harris aren't really interested in what the electorate have to say, so you can bet your bottom that they couldn't give two hoots about judges. Judges are there to punish the little people for not obeying their laws.

I digress.

The Gurkhas have been out on the streets of Folkestone this weekend (they are based at nearby Shorncliffe Barracks) to get signatures on their petition to give full settlement rights to former Gurkhas. Given the fact that British passports are handed out like golf sale fliers to any who demand it, I think it is the least we can do for people who join up to defend our country and conduct themselves with the utmost dignity, honour and humility. There are very few people who get my unqualified respect, but anyone who wears the uniform of the Gurkha regiment has mine without a second of hesitation.

I don't ask for much from my readers, but I would ask that you sign the petition in support of these thoroughly decent individuals here.

Many thanks.

No comments: