Wednesday 12 November 2008

The One That'll Buy Him A Ticket . . .

This story has already been touched upon by The Refuser, and now Al-Beeb reports:

Radical cleric 'may flee abroad'.

Radical cleric Abu Qatada is considering leaving the UK
Excellent, does he need a ticket? I'll buy him one myself.

if he can find a country to take him.

Ah. Problem. I'm assuming, Jordan, Afghanistan, Iran or some other stan doesn't appeal. I can't quite see him getting a beachfront house in Malibu, or a nice apartment overlooking Sydney Harbour.

Perhaps he's concerned that with the taxpayer bailing out all those banks, his benefits might be cut. . .

1 comment:

Leg-iron said...

That whole thing baffled me. They wanted to deport him, the courts wouldn't let them, then he tries to flee the country and they stop him leaving.

Surely if he wants to leave at his own expense, that's a win-win? As long as he doesn't get back in, I don't care where he goes.