Tuesday 22 July 2008

The One That Doesn't Understand Why They Don't Get It. . .

Look! Look at it! This is dangerous and is causing 6% of hospital admissions, crippling the NHS.

Except it isn't.

You see a pint of beer, glass of wine, bottle of alchopop or multiples thereof no more cause hospital admissions than a badger.

It is individuals that drink bloody stupid amounts of alcohol that cause them. I know that if I drink a stupid amount of alcohol that I will start talking very loudly, tell everyone I love them and eventually will fall over, no doubt causing myself an injury requiring medical attention. I also know that if I go out and attempt to pick up a badger that I will suffer multiple bites and lose blood. Therefore I do neither of the above.

Of course our government doesn't see it that way. They don't think I am sufficiently wise to make a decision myself, so they intend to hold retailers responsible. Apparently retailers do not display enough information about alcoholic units (which are bullshit anyway) or propaganda about temperance.

What this requires is, surprise surprise, tough new laws for retailers who don't waste enough effort pointing out the bleeding obvious. This is akin to holding the motortrade accountable for road accidents for not displaying posters saying 'Hey! If you drive on the wrong side of the road, you'll probably crash' and 'Running people down really hurts them'.

If you take an average Friday night, the amount of people out drinking will be, ooooh, loads. The amount admitted to hospital will be not many.

Problem: Some people can't go out for the night without getting absolutely trolleyed, starting fights and ending up in hospital.

Solution: If these people can't behave responsibly then target those people, rather than all of us, by making them re-imburse the tax payer for their medical treatment or custody.


DON'T
START
FUCKING
BANNING
STUFF

I understand that our authoritarian government want a population of mindless dolts with no capacity to think for themselves, but the only logical end of that policy is the complete destruction of the nation, no business, no arts, no academic excellence, bankruptcy and complete reliance on a state that will have neither the skills nor the resources to look after the population.

Just look at the former Communist bloc, is that really what these people want? Believe me you arrogant little politico fucktards, you really don't have the skills or wisdom to run Utopia, you are, to be frank, shit at the job you do at the moment. You simply aren't ready for any more control.

So how about leaving me to make decisions about my life, and leaving me to deal with consequences if I make the wrong decisions? It'll be my fault then, not yours, there'll be no 'something must be done'.

In other words, just fuck off leave me alone, will you? If I came up to you and continually flicked you on the cheek, you'd ask me to stop, if I didn't quit it, you'd end up smacking me one.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

2 comments:

Old Holborn said...

In other words, just fuck off leave me alone, will you? If I came up to you and continually flicked you on the cheek, you'd ask me to stop, if I didn't quit it, you'd end up smacking me one.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I like that. I may use it to overthrow th State (if that's alright with you, of course)

Snowolf said...

Feel free, old chap.