Tuesday 27 January 2009

The One That Won't Take Offence, But May Book A Holiday. . .

OFFENSIVE!

God how I hate that word. It is now firmly in the list which contains SEXIST! RACIST! PAEDOPHILE! I'm assuming CLIMATE CHANGE DENIER! Isn't far behind.

Thankfully, temperatures of thirty degrees on the glorious sandy beaches of Finland are yet to arrive, that means that if I want to go to Lapland to see the Northern Lights and go dog sledding, I can.

If I do, I will most likely book with Activities Abroad.

That is because they have come to media attention for comitting that most heinous of crimes, they have caused offence. They recently sent out an email advertising 'Chav-free holidays' to some 24,000 people who have used their services in the past. Well, out of those 24,000 people, 18 complained (that's .0075%).

A Chav-free holiday sounds very nice to me, however, having looked at their website they seem the most terrible eco-warriors, so I'll reconsider my decision to book with them, I'm buggered if I'm going to pay through the nose to be lectured and hectored.

And there is the irony, before this email was sent out, The Righteous would have patted them on the head for being a very good company, now despite their efforts to satisfy one section of the The Righteous they must be pilloried and destroyed because they've caused offence to another one of The Righteous' pet groups.

Well, actually, no they haven't, because the Chavs are unlikely to be white water rafting in Slovenia or weasel spotting on the polders, so someone, one of The Righteous who used them in the past, because they ticked all the right boxes, has taken offence on the Chavs' behalf. That is bullshit, the Chavs don't care if you want to spend time with them or not, they didn't get the email to take offence at. If it really bothers you that much, just book a holiday with someone else. Stop being so fucking precious and get a fucking life.

No comments: