Monday 12 January 2009

The One That Is Heeding The Warning. . .


It's a bloody good job we've got these people to look out for us, isn't it? Anything could happen.

News today that that most famous of British confections, Cadbury's Dairy Milk (remember folks that's a glass and a half in every half pound*) must now carry a warning that the product contains milk.

Give me bloody strength. I hate people that do this sort of thing.

I'm pretty certain that anybody who is 'lactose intolerant' is perfectly aware that milk chocolate contains milk. You'd have to be pretty hard of thinking not to realise that a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk milk chocolate contains milk.

And whilst we're on the subject, I'm sprout intolerant. That doesn't mean I'm allergic, it means I don't like them. What people have is a milk allergy, not lactose intolerance. It isn't a badge of honour so doesn't need to be made sound grand.

*That's 426.195 ml per 226.796g. There's probably a council inspector who can come round to my house without a warrant and kill me to death if I don't provide the information in metric. I just hope three decimal places is accurate enough.

No comments: